Couple with horses

Frequently Asked Questions
  • + -

    Patients always ask...will it hurt?

    We’ll do everything necessary to locally anesthetize the area to be treated. This is just like having a filling placed, however, the treatment time will be a little longer. In addition, we can provide oral sedation, IV sedation, and nitrous oxide (laughing gas) to maximize your comfort.

  • + -

    Do you accept my insurance plan?


  • + -

    What payment options do you provide?

    We accept cash, personal checks, and VISA, Discover or MasterCard. We also offer “Care Credit“, a convenient financing program that offers 6 months interest-free payment plans.


  • + -

    Do you treat children?

    Yes! We love to treat permanent teeth on children.

  • + -

    After hours/emergency procedure?

    If you are not been seen in our office previously, please contact your general dentist.

    Emergency Instructions: If you are a patient of record at our office and have an endodontic emergency, please call our office at 214-528-ROOT. After hours calls will be forwarded to one of our doctors – please leave a message with your name, phone number, your treating doctor’s name and a brief message regarding the nature of your emergency and your call will be returned. Please have a pharmacy number available if our doctor would need to prescribe medication. After hours visits will be determined by the doctor on call and additional fees may be added. All calls regarding appointments, insurance information and accounting issues need to handled during regular office hours.

  • + -

    When will I be able to eat after the procedure?

    Upon completion of any non-surgical procedures, either temporary or permanent buildup (filling) material will be placed; you can eat 15 minutes after this placement (if the material is temporary, it is advisable to avoid gum or anything sticky.)

  • + -

    I have a temporary crown in my mouth. What happens if it comes off or breaks?

    If your crown or temporary filling comes off, you should call our office and schedule to come in as soon as possible. If your temporary crown breaks, you should keep the crown pieces. Then call our office immediately and we will evaluate the next steps in your treatment.

  • + -

    When do I go back to my general dentist for final restoration?

    We recommend patients schedule an appointment for final restoration with their general dentists two weeks after the root canal or re-treatment is completed. Permanent restoration can protect a newly treated tooth from breakage due to normal chewing.

  • + -

    How many visits are required for this treatment?

    Non-surgical procedures require one to two appointments, depending on the anatomy of the tooth. Surgical procedures can be done in one appointment.

  • + -

    How do I know when it's time to come in for a follow-up visit?

    To ensure a positive outcome, we encourage follow-up visits on patients after root canal treatment. Follow-up visits vary from 3 months to 6 months to one year, depending on the condition of the tooth. In the interim, you may always contact our office with any questions or concerns.

  • + -

    My child has had an accident and his/her tooth has been entirely knocked out. What should I do?

    If the tooth is not soiled, try to reposition it in the tooth socket and come in as soon as possible for treatment.

    If the tooth is soiled, rinse it off with milk and reposition in the socket and come in for treatment.
    Do not scrape the tooth surface.

  • + -

    What should I do if I need to cancel my appointment?

    Out of respect for all of our patients, we require 24-hour cancellation notice.

  • + -

    Do you accept referrals?

    Yes, we welcome all referrals. We view referrals as a compliment!

Highland Park Endodontics SIte Logo